It's time for our tips series we called Tippy Tips! Well, canvas shoes are known as the most comfortable yet stylish pairs for our feet. But the thing is, it gets dirty easily as we often wear them. Today's inspiration is a useful tips to keep your canvas shoes looking clean and nice, just as good as the new one, with just simple ordinary household supplies!
Cleaning the canvas shoes by your own hands and letting them air-dry is the best bet against the ruining the rubber soles inside the shoes in the machine-washer and dryer. Here's few things you need to grab from your kitchen or household cabinet:
- Nylon bristle brush or just an old toothbrush
- Fabric cleaner or Laundry detergent (or if you don't have one in particular,
you can use your mom's Baking soda)
- A spray bottle filled with water
And we bet based on that supply-ingredients, you guys already knew the drill to clean your canvas shoes! But here's the one-two-three super easy steps for you:
1. Remove the dry dirt on the surface by a clean and dry old brush / Nylon
2. Mist the canvas shoes with water from the spray bottle until they are damp
3. Wet your nylon brush or old toothbrush with water and apply a dab of
Laundry detergent. Begin scrubbing the canvas shoes with that soapy
4. Blot the shoes with terry cloth to remove the dirt and the soap
5. Scrub the inside soles with toothbrush dipped in a combination between
water and Laundry detergent. DO NOT make it too soapy. Brush it onto the
sole and rinse it with cloth dipped in clean water.
6. Stuff a tower into each shoes so that they retain their shape while leaving
them air-dry in a well-ventilated area.
So you know the best easiest way to make your canvas shoes just as good as new! Hope you're ready to clean your canvas shoes and wear them comfortably and stylishly tomorrow to your office or shool! ;)
See you soon and remember,